International NGOs conference “Nordic and Russian NGOs building bridges”
Arkhangelsk Centre of social technologies “Garant” is hosting the international conference “Nordic and Russian NGOs building bridges” on 30-31 of May 2018 in the city of Arkhangelsk, the Russian Federation.
The conference is a brainchild of the partner circle of 5 organizations:
· Arkhangelsk Centre of social technologies “Garant” (Russia),
· Interfolk, Institute for Civil Society (Denmark),
· Husavik Academic Centre (Iceland),
· Society "Finland–Russia",
· Centre for Sustainable Development of Pskov Region (Russia).
The conference goal is to encourage cooperation and networking among NGOs from different countries and to support development of joint NGOs’ projects.
· to discuss possibilities, conditions and trends of NGOs’ sector’s development;
· to identify fields and thematic topics for NGOs’ collaboration;
· to find mutual interests for cooperation;
· to develop drafts projects ideas and plans of joint actions.
The conference will bring together NGOs from Russia and Nordic countries.
The event is not being organized like a regular conference. The main purpose of the two days will be to build connections and foster conversations between participants towards a collective and linked up framework for NGOs’ cooperation development.
NGOs will have a chance to get acquainted with each other, discuss mutual interests for collaboration and develop joint projects.
Due to the limited number of places at the conference, the organizers will select the participants on the basis of the competition. The main criterion of which is match-making with NGOs from other countries and intention to develop joint projects together.
The conference is being organized within the collaborative project “Russian and Nordic NGOs building bridges” funded by Nordic council of ministers.
Contact: Tatiana Burieva, deputy director on development and external affairs
Arkhangelsk Centre of social technologies “Garant”
+7 8182 20 65 10